Advance Nursing Foot Care Course
The Advanced Nursing Foot Care Course is done in 2 parts. The Theory is part 1 and the practical/clinical is part 2.
* Theory course is 110 hours.
* The theory is completed on an online platform with quizzes for each chapter.
* Textbook used is Art & Science of Footcare: A Clinical Resource for Nurses in Canada, By: Cindy L.M. Lazenby, RN purchase textbook here https://footcanada.ca/bookstore-s10.php
* The material covers everything the Canadian Association of Foot Care Nurses had put out in their advanced competencies. https://cafcn.ca/wp-content/uploads/CAFCN-National-Competencies-for-Advanced-Nursing-Foot-Care.pdf
*This includes IPAC 2019, https://ipac-canada.org/photos/custom/Members/pdf/19Nov6_Reprocessing_of_Critical_and_Semi-Critical_Devices_in_the_Community_Position_Statement.pdf
* The Student will have 2 months to complete the online portion. When the student has completed and passed the Theory, the student then can enroll in the Clinical Course.
*Clinical is done in Quispamsis, New Brunswick, and 2 Maximum per class. The course is 6 days/43 hours
In order to be eligible to take the advanced nursing foot care course, you must be a Register Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Licence Practical Nurse, or Registered Practical Nurse in Good standing with their regulatory body.
Once signing up for the Advanced nursing foot care course you will be required to become a member of the Canadian Association of Foot Care Nurses. (CAFCN) for students, the fee is $50.
You will also need to have Personal insurance: $ 2 million liability personal protection (malpractice insurance) affordable insurance found in the link below.
Advanced Nursing Foot Care Course Pricing
Online Theory and Practical Course are $1800.00 plus Tax ($270) = $2070.00
If you took the Foot Care Canada Training Online Theory Course and looking for the part 2 Practical Course The fee is $1600.00 plus tax ($240)= $1840.00
Online Theory Course for Experience foot care nurses (Refresher)
Must have 750 hours in Nursing Footcare in the past two years and have
Price: $200.00 plus tax ($30.00) = $ 230.00